Thursday, July 28, 2011

Horizon Series: Hobart

Horizon Series: Hobart
A contemporary abstract painting...NFS.
This 30" x 30" heavy duty gallery wrap canvas was a commission, and is completed. The collector requested a specific color palette, and I tried to stay within the colors that I was given. On day two of painting, I think I got carried away with the turquoise, violet and blues....so I toned those down with the earthy colors. I used the palette knife for the most part, along with a stroke or two....of a wide brush and some oil sticks.
The collector now has this painting hanging in their new home. I am thrilled that this abstract has moved from the studio to a new home. Thanks for viewing this blog, and I know that this is getting old, but stay cool!!!! Kay

1 comment:

  1. I love my new painting - it looks fabulous in our new home. thank you so much Kay, for your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete