Monday, May 18, 2009

Graduation Time!


I am back! We had a good trip to Fayetteville, Arkansas for Lindsay's graduation, and great visit with the folks in Macomb, Illinois, and a move (Lindsay, furniture, stuff and more stuff) from Fayetteville to Dallas that I don't ever want to do again.
One of the highlights of the trip was a barn tour that my Dad and I took in McDonough County, Illinois. The 23 historic barns were fabulous...I got some great photos. I will post a few pics from the tour tomorrow...Barns are so cool and I hope to paint a barn series soon. There were all types of barns...stick-style, basilica type, true-round, simple gable, square cross-gable, hip-gambreil, half-pitch, board and batten, ----the list goes on and on.
I am playing catch-up after being gone. But do plan to hit the studio today to work on my New Orleans painting. I brought quite a few paintings home to Dallas that were in Fayetteville...will post those when I get them photographed.

No comments:

Post a Comment