Monday, April 20, 2009

on the easel...




John and I are back from New Orleans...what a great city. I enjoyed the weekend of fun, food, music...we were there during the French Quarter Festival. Lots of art, food, music. I met several artists who really have alot going on, and hope to email them soon. I have missed painting, but did get alot of inspiration after walking the streets of New Orleans for three days. Here is one pic that I took early one morning on Bourbon Street. We walked through an old cemetery, rode the street cars, walked the French Quarter, rode the ferry to Algiers, walked along the muddy Mississippi, ate shrimp, crawfish, crabcakes, grilled oysters...with bands all over the city. And of course, were on Bourbon Street alot. It was great.
Also posted is a painting that is on my easel waiting for some attention. Russell Newman took this photo when he was at Santa Monica Beach in March of this year...and graciously let me have the photo to paint. I hope to finish it up this week. Actually I have about a dozen unfinished paintings at the studio, and need to work on them before I start painting some New Orleans street scenes.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you and John Wyne had a really great time. Can't wait to see some of the pictures that come out of that visit. See you at the studio.

    ReplyDelete