Saturday, May 30, 2009

Parade Route


I can't decide if this painting is finished. I have certainly worked on it long enough. John and I went to New Orleans a couple of months ago...and I took many photographs. I was amazed at all the Mardi Gras beads hanging on the fences, on the wires, and in the trees of New Orleans. We were walking along Magazine Street, and a small house with iron fence with all these beads were there. The tiny house with porch, folage, iron gate and colorful beads was very interesting. I might need to add one or two more strands of beads.
This painting is on a 12" x 12" gessoed masonite board. I think I will add another strand of beads and sign it today. If you are interested in this painting, or any of my other works of art, please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment