Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mailbooxes


This photograph really doesn't capture the true colors in this painting. I had painted this a while back, and gave to my parents. It is a rather large painting...24" x 36", framed out in a barnwood like moulding. I can't remember exactly where these mailboxes were located, or when I took the the photograph for the inspiration and reference. As with many of my paintings, I would like to put it back in the studio and do some more work on it. I guess that won't happen since it is in Illinois and I am in Texas! I enjoyed painting it, and I would love to do a mailbox series of paintings....after my barn series. I had a productive day in the studio. The New Orleans painting is coming along, and I can't wait to work on it today. I hope that you have a good and productive day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kay,
    Thank you for your comments! I am enjoying your art as well. Plus, I love your wit and humor! Please keep in touch.
    Carol Engles

    ReplyDelete