Friday, August 10, 2012

Season of Color

Season of Color
18" x 18" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
This contemporary abstract painting is fresh off my easel. I started with river, trees and then added some angles and lines....keeping the colors fresh. I used a two inch wide flat brush. I enjoyed this painting so much...just letting the colors work off each other. It was hard not to use my palette knife, but the flat brush allowed me to make sharp edges and crisp lines. Thanks for viewing my art....stay cool....Kay at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com

3 comments:

  1. Love this. I've been working on a canvas with very similar lines, but a very gray palette with color in only one area. This is a response to a skyscape in the rain. Fascinating how the shapes overlap. Your work is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I would love to see your skyscape painting....thanks for viewing!

      Delete
  2. I envy your use of color! And dedication....you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete