Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Windy December

Windy December
8" x 10" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
En Plein Air Palette Knife Painting
This is probably one of my favorite plein air paintings.  I have so many paintings that I started outside, but was unable to finish.  I stuck it out on this one, even though it was a very cold and windy December day at White Rock Lake.  I like the feel of the painting...kind of moody, and because I used the palette knife, there was a lot of scraping and modeling of the oils.  This painting is available, and looks great in a dark mahogany wood frame with a gold inside liner.  Contact Kay for more information.  Thanks, Kay

4 comments:

  1. I really like the style of this, and the colors are very appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan....it isn't my usual color palette, and I don't paint outside the studio enough. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, April...it went through many stages, changes and I thought it was complete two different times. But I am very pleased with it now. KMW

      Delete