Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Windswept


Windswept
30" x 30" Oil on Canvas
Contemporary Floral Landscape
I just finished this colorful floral landscape yesterday in the studio.  I want to look at it a couple of days to see if I need to make any changes.  I wanted to experiment with the lavenders and greens in this painting, and when I started used a limited palette.  After drawing and putting in the first layer of paint, I added some ochre and magenta, then started mixing all of my colors.  I used a large filbert brush all the way, and I wanted to create movement and wind throughout the floral fields.  I have a beautiful gold frame to put on it, and can't wait to see what it looks like all framed up.  Contact Kay for more information on this painting.  Thanks, Kay

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors and the movement in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved painting this with all the vibrant colors and movement. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete