Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Joyful

Joyful
20" x 20" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
This painting is still on my easel, but I signed it and it needs to dry.  I put out greens, whites and grays and mixed piles and piles of paint on my palette, grabbed the palette knife and started with my darks first.  I pushed and pulled the paint, added a small amount of raw umber and cad red to the palette.  I had not planned on going this far with the painting, but once I started, I couldn't stop.  I have a beautiful frame to put on it...will post it framed up when it dries.  Contact Kay for purchasing information.
Thanks for looking.  KMW

2 comments:

  1. I really like your muted colors in the background. They really make the roses stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was not easy to get these colors....I was working with a beautiful frame, and I hope to post the painting in the frame. Usually I don't start with the frame, but I loved it, and think it might all work together. Thanks, KMW

    ReplyDelete