Saturday, February 7, 2015

Enchanting

Enchanting
36" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Floral Landscape Painting
Enchanting is one of those paintings that went through many stages.  I used a large, heavy duty gallery wrap canvas, therefore the sides of the canvas (about 2 1/2") are also painted.  In my mind, I separated the painting in three parts:  sky/background, mid-ground, and foreground.  All three areas of the canvas had to be different sizes...I didn't want three equal parts.  I wanted the horizon to melt into the sky and recede.  The mid-ground needed to have someone color, but not as much as the foreground.  I used the palette knife and impasto on the florals to create texture and interest.  This painting is hanging at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, TX.  Thanks for looking at this blog...Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment