Monday, April 26, 2010

On my easel...

Cowboy Up is extremely wet. All I have to do is look at it and I get paint on myself. I had the knives and brushes working on this painting. Saturday I put the lettering on, worked on his hat and shirt. I thought the background was finished, but I need to put more light coming from behind his shoulder. The shirt, jeans, boots and chaps need some detail. Or at least a little implication of detail. I can't wait to put the fringe on the chaps...I just hope I don't get carried away with it and over paint. It is important to know when to stop painting. That is when it is good to step back from the painting and look at it. I can't wait to get into the studio today...Thank for viewing this blog. I hope to post more tommorrow....

1 comment:

  1. He is looking better and better! I went down on Sunday and got a lot done, but I kept staring at this cowboy. Have fun with the fringe today. I'll see you early today. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete