Friday, December 25, 2009

Jackson Hole Chapel

Jackson Hole Chapel
Oil on Linen
9" x 12"
This is one of three paintings that I have completed of a chapel in Jackson Hole. Carrie Harris asked me to paint the chapel so that she could give to her parents for a Christmas gift. The mountains and aspens were so much fun to paint. Since I have not seen this chapel, I had to rely on Carrie's photographs for reference. This is painted on linen...which gives the painting a very smooth texture compared to the canvas that I normally paint on. Tomorrow I will post painting number two. This is painting is very handsome in a dark plein air frame. This painting will be for sale once it is framed....Carrie decided that she liked painting number three and that is what is under her Christmas tree....so I will post that one in a couple of days. Three different paintings, three different interpretations....all the same subject matter. It was a good painting challenge for me. I just hope that Carrie's gift is a hit with her parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment