Saturday, January 20, 2018

Skyline at White Rock Lake - Sold!

Skyline at White Rock Lake
Sold
12" x 16" Oil on Cotton RayMar Panel
I remember painting this en plein air with one of my painting friends, Susan.  She lives near the lake and she told me about this location, so one sunny spring day we hiked from her house to this field of tall grass, overlooking the lake and the skyline.  We had some lookers stop and chat with us.  I wanted the skyline of downtown Dallas to be recognizable but still painterly.  So I used my palette knife and impasto all the way on this one.  This painting was sold this week at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas...so that you to Pam Massar for completing the sale! I am in the studio today working on a new painting that I am getting excited about....thanks for looking at my blog!  Kay

2 comments:

  1. that was a good day. We are overdue for a paintout!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are overdue!! I need to get back outside once it warms up!

      Delete