Friday, January 26, 2018

High Tide

High Tide
NFS
18" x 18" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Seascape Painting
I started this beach painting about ten years ago, and with John's urging, I finished it this week!  You may know the man sitting in the chair, watching the tide roll in with water splashing up.  When I starting this painting, the water was calm and smooth, but I decided that it was more interesting with the waves coming in as you are sitting on the beach.  I'm glad I finally completed it, as it is a gift to a very special couple.  Thanks for looking...I am in the studio today starting a new project!  Have an artful day, Kay

4 comments:

  1. Jimmy! This turned out great, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captured him perfectly! So well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks....it took a while, glad I got the "push" from John!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you again, and thanks to John! We love it.

    ReplyDelete