Sunday, January 3, 2016

Abstract by Kay Wyne

Abstract (untitled)
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
Day #3 in the 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge
I loved working on this canvas...I mixed and mixed piles of juicy oils before I started, as I wanted to keep my colors toned down and in control.  I started with a light grey background, including the sides of the canvas.  Then I roughed in my design with a filbert before I started with the palette knife.  I have a companion canvas that you will see tomorrow, so both canvases can stand alone or it can hang as a diptych.  There are layers and layers of paint, along texture.  I haven't decided on a title yet...any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thanks for looking at my art.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment