Sunday, June 12, 2011

Morning Aspens


Morning Aspens
48" x 72" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
This painting is finished and hanging in our home to dry. When I started this painting, I had three things going on in my head about the direction that I wanted to take. I wanted to use my brush, not the palette knife. I made a decision to put green in the painting, even though it is my least favorite color and I have issues with it when I paint. I wanted to experiment with transparent colors. So, keeping these three things in my mind, I set out to paint this colorful and contemporary abstract aspen painting. Getting the paints to blend and progress from one color to another was easy with the brush. I used some new wide, flat brushes. I did not want texture and thick paint. I was able to limit the green by putting the green in first, and letting it sit...I did not go back in and rework any of the green after the initial application. I did use the palette knife on the tree trunks, but did a lot of scraping-not leaving huge amounts of paint on the canvas. I was pleased with the outcome of this painting, and like the way the colors are bouncing around. I hope that you find this painting pleasing to the eye. Thanks for viewing this blog and my art. Feel free to contact me at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment