Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope
Contemporary Abstract Painting
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
This medium size canvas is a take-off of one smaller painting that I did three years ago. The first one that I painted was on a 18" x 18" canvas, and I had let my daughter Lindsay have it. She got attached to it, and doesn't want to give it up. I guess that is a good thing! Anyway, this painting is dry and ready to be shipped today to the gallery in Santa Fe.

I liked the movement and intense colors in this painting. The viewer might see skeins of yarn, or something else...I wanted the viewer's eye to move around on the canvas. I used a very large, flat brush on this one...it was fun to play with so many colors and blend them together. Thanks for viewing this blog! Have an artful day. Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment