Monday, June 6, 2011

Horizon Series: Winter Aspens

Horizon Series: Winter Aspens
24" x 30" Oil
Gallery Wrap Canvas
This palette knife painting is an drying at the studio. I purposely picked earthy, neutrals for the palette.(A different direction than the bright, bold palette that I normally use.) The colors are mixed, layered and applied with a palette knife. By the way, I just got two new large knifes...they look like weapons! I have five new palette paintings sitting on the easels...so more to come! Thanks for viewing this blog and my art. Have a good Monday....Kay

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You did a fantastic job with a neutral palette. Sometimes I think we get carried away with the primary colors and overlook the neutrals. Plus the texture and contrast is terrific.

    ReplyDelete