Monday, January 11, 2010

Rooster

Rooster
Palette Knife Painting
Oil on 9" x 12" canvas

This was my first painting using my Guerilla Box. Saturday was very cold in Dallas, and I was not in the mood to drive downtown to the studio. I decided I would do a dry run on my plein-air painting experience in my kitchen. So, I unpacked my new box (which was a Christmas gift from my sweet husband who purchases more paint, easels, and painting supplies than he knows what to do with!) I set the Guerilla Box up at the kitchen counter, and proceeded to paint. It did not take me long to realize that I did not have the right brushes. Thank heavens I wasn’t out in the elements or far from home. So, I did a flamboyant rooster with my palette knife. The rooster is small…on a 9” x 12” canvas. I got my act together and now have everything ready to head outside and paint. I hope to go to White Rock Lake or on top of the roof at the studio when we have a warm sunny day to really use my new Guerilla Box. But, for today I will be going to the studio and working on some beach scenes that I started last week. Here are some photos my new Guerilla Box!!! Thanks for viewing this blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment