Saturday, January 23, 2010

On the Easel - Beach

Beach - On the Easel
This 8" x 10" beach scene is in a drying stage. I have so much paint on the canvas that it is hard to work on, and at one point the painting took a change. I had painted a person in, and the figure got smeared and it wasn't working for me. So instead of wiping the entire canvas and starting over, I wiped the person sitting on the beach out. Yesterday I went to the Arboretum for some plein air painting. The weather was gorgeous. Hope to post some of those photos tomorrow. Thanks for viewing this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't see this one when I was there today. Thanks again for the wonderful food and for having Nikki Gulley as a guest Artist/ demonstrator on Saturday.
    Can't wait to see what you do to this little painting. See you Tuesday (stay until4:30, please)

    ReplyDelete