Monday, November 27, 2017

The Many by Kay Wyne

The Many
48" x 60" Oil on Heavy Duty Gallery Wrap Canvas 
Contemporary Abstract Painting
I was in the mood for some great colors and big shapes when I started with this canvas.  I pulled out lots of my transparent to start this canvas, toning it with cad red and cad orange to get ride of the blank white canvas staring at me.  I took a large filbert and drew all over, creating lines and shapes.  I wanted to create an image that was happy, harmonious in color, and allowed the viewer to be pulled in and interested in what I put on the canvas.  Interesting comments have come to me...some viewers see horse races, a crowd of people at a football game or a floral landscape.  

"The Many" is a great title for this piece, as it allows the viewer to decide for themselves exactly what they see.  Thanks to Jake Small for naming this canvas!!!  Contact Kay for more info on this painting.  Thanks, KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment