Monday, November 19, 2012

Piggy Wiggy

Piggy Wiggy
18" x 18" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Oil Painting
I had to paint this piggy that I saw scampering around at an Amish farm in Illinois a couple of weeks ago....he had a great shape, wonderful coloring, and ran around the farm with an attitude.  I think he was in charge.....this pig was running loose, checking out the horses, cattle, and sheep.  I don't know if he had broken out of his pen, but when he can running towards me I hopped back into the car.  I wanted Piggy Wiggy on a square canvas because of his stockiness.  It was intentional to have him painted off the canvas to imply his size and give interest to the painting.  Thanks for viewing this blog and the art posted.  Kay at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com

2 comments:

  1. I like him! I especially like your treatment of the hairs sticking up on the top of his head! I dare say, I might have tried to hug this guy if I'd been there, though getting back in the car was probably the wiser option. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he had a aggressive streak.....I really didn't want him to get very close to me.....but I was glad to get a few shots of him. Thanks for viewing!

    ReplyDelete