Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Meet Me At The Dock by Kay Wyne

Meet Me At The Dock
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Oil Painting
The first color I pulled out of the drawer was blue...that was what was on my mind.  After spending a month Up North, I had soaked up and observed the wonderful blues of the lakes, streams and skies.  I started mixing my cobalts, prussians, ultra marines and greys.  And found myself painting a dock with several boats pulled up.  I used a wide flat brush, and my strokes are strong and angular without alot of blending.  The dock has layers of greys, lavenders and earthy browns painted for the planks.  The water fades into the sky, with the boats pulled up in an unorganized fashion.  This was my first painting once we got back from Michigan.  It's good to be home.  Thanks for looking at my blog....Kay Wyne

No comments:

Post a Comment