Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Perfect Day by Kay Wyne

Perfect Day
10" x 20" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
I was cleaning up my space in the studio, and ran across an unfinished painting.  I got out my palette knife and started mixing pilings of oils with impasto.  Starting over, I decided I was in the mood for a floral landscape.  Layers and layers of paint give this panel texture and depth.  I probably need to re-photograph this painting, because the dark purple, indigo and olive in the foreground have subtle changes....it appears that there is a big black hole, but there isn't!  I don't think my darks could of gotten any darker.  y favorite part of the painting is the masses of flowers across the wide open landscape.  Perfect Day is drying in the studio.  Contact Kay Wyne for more information on this painting.  Thanks for looking...Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment