Friday, October 21, 2016

Sunflowers Hydrangeas and Grapes: A Still Life

Sunflowers, Hydrangeas and Grapes:  A Still Life
40" x 40" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Still Life Painting
This still life is the latest art challenge going on in the studio.  I personally think it is interesting, busy and colorful...and it was fun to paint!  Obviously there is a lot going on, with 8 or 9 vases, 2 candlesticks, sunflowers, hydrangeas, grapes, an orange, leaves, 5 or 6 different fabrics, weeds, greenery, and just a lot of stuff.  The textures are wonderful...silver, ceramic, dried weeds, soft fabric, and I think there was a dead rat in there somewhere.  It was put together by Sharon, and everyone has been asked to paint it...or at least parts of it.                    
Here's my view of the set-up from my easel.  This painting is drying now.
Thanks for looking at my art posted here...Kay Wyne

No comments:

Post a Comment