Sunday, February 7, 2016

Painting Demonstration - Contemporary Floral by Kay Wyne

Yesterday's painting demonstration at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, Texas
was attended by quiet a few friends and collectors.  I chose this beautiful
floral arrangement as my subject matter, picked up a 20" x 16" RayMar
Cotton Panel, and took off.....

After looking at the vertical format, I decided it would be a much more interesting painting if I used a horizontal format.  I took some Cad Orange and toned the white canvas down.
 I quickly sketched it out on my canvas, then started laying in the colors.  I worked on this for about two hours, before the reception started.

Here is the final painting....it is drying at the gallery, and will probably be framed.  It was great putting on the show with studio mate Sharon Hodges and Santa Fe Artist Lisa Adams Reed.  Thanks to Selena for the beautiful floral arrangement, and Dutch Art Gallery for hosting a successful show!  I believe that seven of my paintings were sold!!!  Thanks, Kay Wyne

2 comments:

  1. Your painting is so much prettier than the real thing! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Norma...I loved the colors and shapes in the arrangement.

    ReplyDelete