Friday, February 19, 2016

Go With The Flow by Kay Wyne

Go With The Flow
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Abstract Painting
(I may need to adjust the color as it is somewhat lighter as I
look at the painting and compare it to the photo.  
Or, it could be my computer.)
This palette knife painting is drying on my easel in the studio.  I put the title, "Go With The Flow" on it because as I layered the oils and moved the paint on the canvas it was obvious that I need to go with the flow, and let it happen.
This is a close-up of the palette knife work....layers of color, leaving knife edges and forming shapes.  Lots of fracturing going on, and some texture.  But the neatest part of the painting is the color.  The colors are beautiful, and they flow very well from one grey to a violet to a magenta to a red to an orange and then the neutrals.  There are some punches of turqoise and blue in there.  I mixed piles and piles of oils on my palette as I made my way through this painting.  Contact Kay for purchasing info.  Thanks, KMW

No comments:

Post a Comment