Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Bye, Bye Birdie

Bye, Bye, Birdie
8" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Abstract Palette Knife Painting
Yesterday I was playing around with some left-over paints and I wanted use my favorite palette knife (#24).  I had plenty of hot pinks, reds, cad orange, and cad yellow to start with.  There are three shades of Gamblin's Portland Greys....light, medium and dark....so had those to mix with some blues and violets for the birds.  I used some impasto for the thick applications so that it would dry faster.  This little 8" x 8" is my first birdie palette knife painting.  It was fun!  I had a great day yesterday, selling two paintings.  Contact ME for purchasing information.  This little panel would look great propped up on an easel.  This is day #8 of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.  Thanks, Kay

2 comments: