Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cottage Rose Garden


Cottage Rose Garden

14 3/4" x 20 3/4"
Oil on Panel
This oil painting is framed in a beautiful gold frame.
The paint is applied with a palette knife and brush, 

so there is variety in the texture.
One of my favorite things about this painting is the rooftop, 

which has layers of oils built up using the palette knife.  
The roses in the foreground are also painted with thick paint.
I hope that this colorful landscape painting takes 

the viewer to a pleasant place....
maybe England...maybe a countryside cottage.
Thanks for viewing....kay@kwyne.com



1 comment:

  1. To-day I did different things, than I normally would. I dropped whatever I'd to complete, and visited Colonial Park-The Rose-garden, with my kiddies at night. It had been precisely what I needed!

    ReplyDelete