Friday, August 26, 2011

Reflection of Trees

Reflection of Trees
This is a contemporary abstract painted with my palette knife....aspen trees. It is oil on 18" x 18" gallery wrap canvas. I painted this several weeks ago, and it is now signed and drying. Yesterday was not a good day in the studio. Everything that I attempted to paint turned out to be the wrong color, the wrong image, and I struggled. I have not had a day like yesterday in a long time.....The canvases that I worked on were not wipers....they are going to the garbage can. My brushes and knives were not friendly, and after a good five hour try, I left my easel. I can only hope that something good comes out of the studio tomorrow. I don't know why we have those days, and you never know when they are going to hit you. I was hit very hard......I hope to post a new painting tomorrow. Stay cool, Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment