Saturday, September 12, 2009

Horizon Series: Abstract Squares


Horizon Series: Abstract Squares
9" x 12" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

I am back! Just got in late last night from NYC....had a great trip and now I am playing catch-up. I finished this painting just before I left for our trip. We had a good trip, did alot of things, enjoyed the sights and sounds of New York City. We hit alot of galleries, but did not have time to go to museums. I took lots of pics. We were also able to visit some family and John got a day of work in. It was a busy week....and I am ready to get back in the studio and paint. I have missed it. We flew back from Newark yesterday...9/11. Several persons (including our daughter) have asked how it was.....it was fine traveling, and the only problem we encountered was bad weather. We visited Ground Zero on 9/10 and they were getting ready for a memorial service. NYC is amazing....so much energy, so many people, and crazy drivers!

The abstract I am posting has layers and layers of lines, shapes and tumbling squares. You can see the horizon line that I usually paint in my abstracts. The colors are bright and vibrant. I used a brush and palette knife on the canvas. Thanks for visiting my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment