Thursday, June 11, 2009

Eat Your Veggies

Eat Your Veggies

Week 37 & 38 of the Different Strokes from Different Folks Challenge was a photograph of a platter of summer vegetables. I painted my interpretation of the photograph using oil paints on a 6” x 8” cotton panel…title: Eat Your Veggies. I am posting the painting that I painted yesterday. It is very wet---lots of luscious oils layered on with brushes. It’s good to have a deadline on a project like this challenge…it pushes me a little bit to finish up a painting to submit. I never seem to have a problem starting a painting, but sometimes I am not motivated to work through a painting and complete it. I had a good time painting this challenge, and it is so much fun looking at the dozens of artists who have posted their works of art on the Different Strokes blog. Just like we are all different, so is our artwork. We all see things differently, and paint them differently. A work of art can be very simple or complicated and may be interpreted in different ways by different people. I hope that you enjoy this painting…it is for sale if you would like to hang this painting in your home. Feel free contact me:

My Website: www.kwyne.com
Studio Website: www.studioartandsoul.com
Kay’s Blog: http://kaywyne.blogspot.com/
Daily Painters of Texas Blog: http://dailypaintersoftexas.blogspot.com/
Daily Painters Abstract Blog: http://dailypaintersabstract.blogspot.com/
Kay’s Cell: 214-532-0325
Email: kay@kwyne.com

6 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. Those tomatoes are MAGNIFICENT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color application to your background. Nice entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color and composition, Kay. You are so right about how different artists see differently. I have always wondered if we all see a different spectrum of color, too, and that is why some of us have certain palettes we like to paint from...
    hugs from Flower Mound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully painted - love your strong, confident brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great movement and colors, very attractive DSFDF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kay, it assurely is a beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete