Saturday, March 11, 2023

Blooms

 

Blooms
Quadriptych
40" x 40" Oil on Four Canvases/Each canvas 20" x 20" 
Contemporary Floral Painting
I have had this large painting on my large easel in the studio for several months.  It started out with a fresh floral arrangement from my local florist in a beautiful antique silver champagne bucket. I did not like the composition I had drawn out on a canvas, so I decided to look at the arrangement from a bird's eye view.  The original arrangement only lasted a week, so I worked off of a photograph once the blooms had died.

Once I put my big shapes in, I decided that the painting needed more variety, more color and just more.  So that part was fun, as I added layer after layer.  This painting is drying in the studio.  I need to sign it, varnish it and then it will be ready for a frame (optional).  Thanks for looking at my art....please contact Kay with any questions or comments.  


No comments:

Post a Comment