Friday, August 14, 2020

Sunflowers, Up North

 

Sunflowers, Up North
12" x 12" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Floral Landscape
Photo Reference Credit:  Susan Warner

The reference photo that I used for this small painting was one that Susan Warner took on a walk in the country, close to Charlevoix, Michigan.  Here is her fabulous photograph:


Of course it struck a cord with me since we were unable to make our annual trip Up North.  Susan graciously let me paint from her photograph.  It was fun, and my intent was to capture the beautiful warm indian yellows and ochres in the sunflowers.  I think I am going to let the painting sit on my easel for a few days, and maybe make a couple of small adjustments, but I can't do that now since it is very wet.  Thanks for looking at my blog, Kay


No comments:

Post a Comment