Saturday, December 21, 2019

Guardian of the Desert


Guardian of the Desert
30" x 15" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Landscape
The Saguaro cactus grows in Arizona, having a long lifespan of 150 years or more.  I can only think that this one has many years on it.  The arms are massive and very interesting in shape and the way they twist and turn from the trunk. John and I found this large Saguaro in Sabino Canyon in Tucson, Arizona.  I wanted to paint all the different colors of the desert that you see when you are there in person, and using my imagination, added some beautiful violets, corals, greens and greys.  This large Saguaro fills the canvas, giving it a presence on the canvas, just as it does in the desert.  Contact Kay for more info.  Thanks for looking at my blog.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment