Monday, October 2, 2017

On My Easel...

Beach scene
Here's the start of my beach painting.
The 40" x 40" canvas was toned with some magenta, transparent orange and cad yellow.  I wanted a thin wash to cover up the white canvas.  I started drawing the horizon line, the shoreline and some shapes for the rocks.  And the rock...
Starting to put in the sky and water.  I wanted to get the water color right...lots of violets and carribean, and cobalt.  I also started mixing some muddy greens, greys and browns for the sand.  I am not concerned about the big rock right now, as I plan on using a palette knife to paint it, one of the last things to paint on this canvas.  
I have started moving the paint around, but also wanting some of the initial undertones to peak through.  Having the oranges, magentas and pinks show through will make this painting more exciting and vibrant. More painting in the studio today... Thanks for looking at my blog.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment