Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Hip, Hip, Hooray! by Kay Wyne

Hip, Hip, Hooray!
40" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas 
Contemporary Abstract
I finished this painting yesterday in the studio.  I mixed and mixed my colors in stages over several days as I have about 6 layers of paint on this vertical canvas.  I wanted the colors and shapes to change in size, shape and value as the eye wanders over the canvas.  The colors are very pleasant to the eye, as they are harmonious, even though I was mixing and mixing...and not matching piles of color.  

I give a big shout out to Interior Designer Lee Small, as she saw a photo of this painting and her response was, "Hip, Hip, Hooray!".  That grabbed me.  I asked her if I could use that for the title.  Of course she smiled, and said "yes", and she also told me it reminded her of the crowd at a TCU football game.  

What do you see when you look at this painting?  I would be interested, because I saw a wildflower field when I was painting it.  My imagination took over and I focused on the act of painting and the color relationship through this painting journey.  I enjoyed it all the way!  Thanks for looking at this blog!  Contact Kay for more info.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment