Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Posy by Kay Wyne

Posy
36" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Still Life Painting
As with most of my paintings, this one went through several phases.  I started with three layers of transparent color, painting chaos and just getting the canvas covered.  I like the indigo, so I started drawing a boat, but it quickly turned into stripes and then an abstract floral.  There is a companion canvas.....which was meant to be a diptych.  But the composition wasn't working out for a 36" x 72" format.  If you look closely you can see the drips, the lines, the layers of color.  This painting is drying in the studio---I might need to add a few touches of darks on the petals.  The sides of the gallery wrap canvas are painted a dark Vulcan Grey.  Framing is not necessary.  Contact Kay Wyne for more information.  

No comments:

Post a Comment