Saturday, September 10, 2016

Anticipation by Kay Wyne

Anticipation
40" x 40" Oil on Heavy Duty Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Palette Knife Painting
My favorite format for painting is a large square canvas that is heavy weight and has texture/tooth on it.  "Anticipation" is just that, and I was able to use the palette knife to move the oils around once I mixed my colors.  The blues are mixed in with the lavenders and greys, and the corals mixed with the pinks and magentas.  The sky is dramatic with the clouds layered color.  There is quiet a bit of texture, as I use impasto to give the paint more body.  I am posting this painting as Day 10 in the 30/30 Paint Challenge with Leslie Saeta.  Be sure to visit her blog and see all the fun art posted each day.  Thanks for looking at "Anticipation", and feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.  Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment