Monday, November 30, 2015

Field of Color by Kay Wyne

Field of Color
30" x 30" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Contemporary Floral Landscape Painting
"Field of Color" is currently hanging at Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas, Texas.  The colors in the landscape change as your eye wanders across the canvas.  The changes in color are gradual, as I spent a lot of time mixing piles and piles of juicy oils before I started painting.  I worked the paint with a palette knife, pushing and pulling the paint until I accomplished what I wanted to.  The sky  meets the horizon in a misty far-away distance.  The canvas has texture from the application of the thick oils being applied with the knife.  The sides of the canvas are painted, so framing is optional.  Contact Kay for more info on this painting.  Thanks for looking at this blog....Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment