Saturday, June 27, 2015

Eat Your Veggies

Eat Your Veggies
6" x 8" Oil on RayMar Cotton Panel
Contemporary Still Life
This is from a painting challenge...Different Strokes from Different Folks Challenge was a photograph of a platter of summer vegetables. I painted my interpretation of the photograph using oil paints on a 6” x 8” cotton panel…lots of luscious oils layered on with brushes. It’s good to have a deadline on a project like this challenge…it pushes me a little bit to finish up a painting to submit. I never seem to have a problem starting a painting, but sometimes I am not motivated to work through a painting and complete it. I had a good time painting this challenge, and it is so much fun looking at the dozens of artists who have posted their work.   Just like we are all different, so is our artwork. We all see things differently, and paint them differently.  Thanks for looking....Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment