Monday, December 17, 2012

Cock A Doodle Blue

Cock A Doodle Blue
36" x 36" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Roosters, roosters and more roosters....this is my latest contemporary oil painting.  I started with an idea, and blocked off the background using neutral grays.  Then in a very loose way brushed in my roosters.  I used raw umber to draw in the shapes --- using a filbert brush.  I wanted an abstract but somewhat decorative look for the background.  So I started to add some swirly feather-like shapes to add to the gray.  The got out my trusty t-sqauare to add some straight lines.  I did not want to over-paint, so I forced myself to walk away from the painting at several stages of the painting.  Contact me if you are interested in this painting....kay@kwyne.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment