Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rooster sitting on my easel...




This canvas is sitting on my easel.  More work to do.....

It was one of those paintings that I started months ago, and never really got into it.  The initial drawing was green (ugh) jalepeno peppers in a basket....I worked on it for several days.  I got bored with it.  Then it went to the storage room.  This week I decided that the peppers had to go and this rooster was going to make a statement.  I used the palette knife --- there are layers and layers of paint drying before I go to work on him.  I cut loose on the colors.  He needs a fuller chest and more work on the feathers.  I haven't set his eye in----the canvas was so wet that I need to let it dry for a while.  I don't know what he will look like when I am finished, but I am enjoying this rooster more than the basket of green peppers.  Thanks for viewing....Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment