Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rattled

Rattled
24" x 24" Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Abstract Palette Knife Painting
This painting went through many changes, starting out as a landscape, turning into some dark abstract aspens, then a tornado hit it. (Everyone saw the tornado in the painting!) It was a wiper for sure. I rescued the canvas, but painted it on a day when I was really rattled. I was interrupted at the studio numerous times...therefore, the title, "Rattled". This painting is a detour from my normal palette, being on the dark and muted side of the color spectrum. Thanks for looking at the art on this blog.....Kay at 214-532-0325 or kay@kwyne.com.

3 comments:

  1. Great colours!! very nice indeed, i can deffinatly feel the rattled vibrations coming through the rythms of the paint. the 'tornado' reminds me a bit of Georges Mathieu's work. FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The composition and the colors -the variations of grey, lavender, blue and orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thank you for your comments...I should post all the changes this canvas went through....usually when I paint I put on the oils, and don't go back in to rework it, but this one was certainly different!

    ReplyDelete